The Island Kings play an enormous variety of styles, to suit any type of event. We know the exact mix of songs that will take your party from casual mingling, to a full, off the charts jumping dance party! If that’s what you want of course. See a selection of our set list below, or head on over to Our Music page to see a wider selection and hear some recordings.
- Don't Stop Believing Journey
- Jessie's Girl Rick Springfield
- Twist 'n' Shout The Beatles
- You Are The Best Thing Ray Lamontagne
- Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond
- Call Me Al Paul Simon
- American Girl Tom Petty
- Lonely Boy Black Keys
- Hit Me With Your Best Shot Pat Benatar
- Wagon Wheel Old Crow Medicine Show
- Shake It Off Taylor Swift
- Wake Me Up Avicii
- Can’t Stop The Feeling Justin Timberlake
- Shut Up and Dance Walk The Moon
- Locked Out of Heaven Bruno Mars
- Hey Ya Outkast
- Get Lucky Daft Punk
- Happy Pharrell Williams
- Rolling In The Deep Adele
- Forget You Cee Lo Green
Jazz / Chill / Hawaiian
- Over The Rainbow I. Kamakawiwoole
- I've Got You Under My Skin Frank Sinatra
- Unforgettable Nat King Cole
- Moondance Van Morisson
- Come Fly With Me Frank Sinatra
- Misty Etta James
- Fly Me To The Moon Frank Sinatra
- L-O-V-E Nat King Cole
- Don't Know Why Nora Jones
- What A Wonderful World Louis Armstrong
Funk + Motown
- Respect Aretha Franklin
- Stand By Me Ben E King
- Ain’t Too Proud To Beg Temptations
- The Way You Make Me Feel Michael Jackson
- Superstition Stevie Wonder
- Hold On I’m Comin Sam & Dave
- Son Of A Preacher Man Dusty Springfield
- Heard It Through The Grapevine Marvin Gaye
- Hard To Handle Otis Redding
- My Girl Temptations
Old School Favorites
- Billie Jean Michael Jackson
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered Stevie Wonder
- I Feel Good James Brown
- Shout Isley Brothers
- Valerie Amy Winehouse
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody Whitney Houston
- December 1963 (Oh What A Night) The Four Seasons
- Walking On Sunshine Katrina and the Waves
- Proud Mary Tina Turner
- All Night Long Lionel Richie
- Various Traditional Jewish Folk Dances (Horahs)
- Various Bluegrass Tunes
- Hundreds of String Quartet Standards, and Traditional Ceremony Music
- Hundreds of Jazz Standards
- Various Italian Folk Songs/Dances
- Anything, really!
Available for all types of events
The Island Kings Band can be anything you want them to be. You want classic rock for your Dad's 60th, we'll crack out the Lynard Skynard and get him singing along with us on the dance floor. Prefer some modern dance tunes mixed in with the classics to keep the younger and old the older crowds happy? We'll aim to get an "oh my gosh I love this song!!!" from everyone in the crowd... at least once. Have a whole lot of people coming to your event and you really need a full-on, highly impressive 14pc big band that can cover any and every style?!
That’s all us. You name it we can do it. Just ask us!Contact us
Examples from recent events
Pricing is based on a wide variety of individual factors, but here are a few examples from some recent events:
3 piece band for a chilled Sunday afternoon celebration - $1980
A solid band with the foundations for an awesome party!
5 piece birthday party - $2980
It’s your party so get the party roaring with a rocking 5-piece band!
10pc band all day, high energy festival music - $8700
Something about how great a 10pc band is... ;)
16 piece big band + full stage production, costumes, industrial sound & lighting - $33700
Professional large-scale staging and performance production. When you need more than just the band.
These are just a few wild examples, but we really can do anything so we recommend you speak to us about a tailored quote that meets your requirements exactly.Click here for a quote
How to book
Fill out our quick, easy online form. We will then check our dates, and send you a rough quote. Ask us any questions; we want to get a feel for the kind of event you are planning. From there, we can provide you with more detailed information tailored to your specific event and needs, and will send you out an information booklet with free demo CD.
The Island Kings Band host regular 'showcases' where, over on hour or two, we try to give you as accurate an idea of what an event with us is like. We will showcase all our band sizes and styles so you can decide what suits you.
Invite everyone along and join us for a fun night! Sit down and talk to us one-on-one and meet the band - Live gigs dates are listed here.
3 Place A DepositIf you like what you see, you can reserve the band securely for your date by placing a 20% deposit. Payment can be made via check, credit card, bank transfer, or in person at a showcase. You don't need to have a perfectly defined schedule yet - just enough so that we know we're all on the same page.
Working With Us
4 PlanningBy the time you have solidified everything from your venue, catering, decor and logistics etc. the planning stage might take months - we'll help you as much as you'd like to work the music into the bigger picture. Or simply tell us the general vibe you're looking for, and we'll figure it all for you.
5 ConfirmationAfter you are satisfied with your final plan, we'll formally run through your times and plan for the event, resolve any potential issues, and polish it all until we're all sure that it’s perfect. This usually happens around a week before the event, but sometimes earlier if you are super-organized.
The main event!With everything organized, there is nothing more to do at your event than kick back and have an incredible night, with an amazing band. We pride ourselves on this part especially - its all about great preparation and a genuine love for what we do.